Thursday, June 24, 2010

"Gallantry Endowed"

Amidst my life’s halcyon days
And momentous times that crossed my way;
Little by little, the clear blue skies
Started to vanish taking my delight.
Now I found myself strolling down the humped road
Hoping someone will help and carry my load.
I’m tired and I’m looking for a spring of water,
My clothes were torn apart, I needed a shelter.
I’m sad an hopeless and those cold nights
Reminded me of life’s fright and deceit.
Those prosperous days were now just a bygone
But I know it’ll be brought back by a helpful talisman.
Life is unknown and ironic.
It has given me awe and panic.
Some things were really not mean to be,
And didn’t work out the way I wanted it to be.
I just have to kneel down and pray
So as not to stumble in a flooding hay,
Disgorge my perplexities and stand up high
Like a phoenix rising from its funeral pile.
I have now the strength, afraid no more…
Ready for the battle, guided by the Greatest Armor..

0 comments:

Post a Comment